Brian A. Newman
Brian A. Newman is well-known throughout Los Angeles County as an effective and knowledgeable attorney, stemming from his many years of hard work and experience. He was admitted to both the California State Bar and the U.S. Federal Courts in 1979 and has been practicing law ever since.
After a few years as an associate at a large firm, Mr. Newman began his own practice in 1982 and has since helped countless South Bay businesses and families take on challenging legal issues. Since 1979, Brian A. Newman has devoted an extensive part of his practice to federal criminal law defense, including but not limited to federal white collar crimes, drug offenses, sex offenses, weapons charges and healthcare and Medicare fraud. In 2013, Mr. Newman received Super Lawyer recognition from Super Lawyers, as well as the Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award from the National Trial Lawyers Association. He has since received the Super Lawyer award every year thereafter, along with the Top 100 Lawyers Award from Super Lawyers, and the designation as a Worldwide Registry Expert in 2016.
Of course, Mr. Newman’s new-found recognition hasn’t prevented him from remaining active in his civic life. He is the chapter advisor for the University of Southern California’s Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity and was recently honored as Chapter Advisor of the Year at the fraternity’s national convention. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Alumni Association at Southwestern Law School, his alma mater. When he isn’t busy assisting clients with legal issues in the Los Angeles area or serving as an advisor, he enjoys reading, playing golf and adding to his collection of classic cars.
- Admitted to the California Bar Association, 1979
- Admitted to the Central District of California U.S. District Court
- Admitted to the Northern District of California U.S. District Court
- Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar
- Admitted to the United States Tax Court
- Admitted to the U.S. Federal Courts, 1979
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice to Florida, Louisiana, and Washington
- Member, Culver Marina Bar
- Member, Culver City Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Jewish American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Legal Advisory Committee of the Los Angeles Anti-Defamation League
- Board of Directors, Alumni Association at Southwestern Law School
- Southwestern Law School (formerly Southwestern University School of Law), Los Angeles – J.D., 1978
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles – B.A., 1975
- Super Lawyer – Super Lawyers: 2013 – 2017
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers Association: 2013, 2016
- Worldwide Registry Expert – Worldwide Registry: 2016
- Top 100 Lawyers – Super Lawyers: 2014